🐈
» Forums » Clients » Taking projects from the clients who never us...
Page options
a888a884
Community Member

Taking projects from the clients who never used upwork

hello. i am a freelacer, build my profile on Upwork.
i have several clients whom i used to work for, but I want to take projects on Upwork to secure payment and build profile..
My question is, if I introduce clients to upwork and they makes a new Upwork profile, and directly comes to my profile and award me the project, does it comes under suspicious activity? If yes, what is the better way to take a project from the client which is not on Upwork

4 REPLIES 4
timefighter11
Community Member

Upwork has introduced a Direct Contract feature which let you have contracts with your clients that are not own Upwork. Upwork takes 3.5% of the earned amount from these direct contracts. Rather than 20% of your Upwork clients earnings. So, its not a suspecious activity and its the best way to take the projects from non Upwork clients.
Happy Working !
petra_r
Community Member

Nabeel A wrote:

My question is, if I introduce clients to upwork and they makes a new Upwork profile, and directly comes to my profile and award me the project, does it comes under suspicious activity? If yes, what is the better way to take a project from the client which is not on Upwork

Depends on how credible (or not, as the case may be) the jobs you are hired for and the "clients" appear.

Essentially, "Profile-building" is forbidden and whilst Upwork is happy to get new clients, when clients zoom in and hire a new freelancer and then vanish, never to be seen again, alarm bells start ringing and rightly so.

Muhammad Zeeshan H wrote:
Upwork has introduced a Direct Contract feature which let you have contracts with your clients that are not own Upwork. 

Completely pointless for "building profile" (which is what the OP said is the reason for bringing the clients on board) as they don't appear on the profile and aren't calculated into the freelancer's metrics at all.

Petra R wrote:

Completely pointless for "building profile" (which is what the OP said is the reason for bringing the clients on board) as they don't appear on the profile and aren't calculated into the freelancer's metrics at all.

The info provided by me is regarding "Direct Contracts" as it is  a way to work with non Upwork clients.  For profile building, it would definitely not work. 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nabeel,

Asking outside clients to create an account on Upwork and getting hired by them on our platform to complete actual jobs is fine and in line with our TOS. Let us know if you or your clients need any assistance with navigating the platform and we'll be glad to help. 

We do have systems in place to detect TOS violations like feedback building. In case our team detects any inconsistencies we'll reach out to the user in question to get more information.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths