🐈
» Forums » Clients » Tax Switzerland
Page options
8d6c6e20
Community Member

Tax Switzerland

Hello,

I live in Switzerland and I want to know if I can use the Upwork invoices to deduct as fees for taxes in Switzerland?

Does Upwork pay social security contributions for freelancers?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Catherine Schaub

6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Catherine, 

Upwork charges (VAT) on our service fees, premium membership fees, and additional Connects for freelancers and agencies from the European Union (EU). VAT is currently not available for clients but will be coming soon.

To answer your next question, Upwork doesn't pay social security contributions on behalf of freelancers.

~ Avery
Upwork
3a6e1395
Community Member

Cannot see VAT on the invoices, why?

jmeyn
Community Member

@Catherine S wrote:

Hello,

I live in Switzerland and I want to know if I can use the Upwork invoices to deduct as fees for taxes in Switzerland?

Does Upwork pay social security contributions for freelancers?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Catherine Schaub

Catherine,

Talk to your tax consultant or your tax office. Normally there should be no problem using the Upwork invoices in your bookkeeping as costs. 

nclspnt
Community Member

Hello,

There is no amount into the bill for the VAT. What is the VAT Rate used so that I can include the raw amount of the bill without VAT to include the Swiss VAT?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Hi,
Can anyone explain me what to do to work with Upwork living in Switzerland for tax and liability etc?
Thanks

Hello Francesca, 

I want to start freelancing from Switzerland and I'm now facing your same questions. Can you please share youre experience with me? Thanks

Chiara

Latest Articles
Learning Paths