cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team on a fixed price/budget

Jordan B Member Since: Apr 26, 2015
1 of 4

Hi im new here and iv looked everywhere to try and find out, if I have a project and say it 800.00 budget. And I want to hire 2 freelancers. Do they get paid 800.00 each or is it devided between them?

Thank you.

Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
2 of 4

Couple options:

1. Hire both on an hourly contract. This way their earnings are seperated by the time tracker.

2. Hire both using seperate fixed rate contracts. May be difficult depending on the type of work, as the balance between time spent may end up differently than you expected.

The issue is contractors cannot use the same account to work on your project, so you'll need to open two contracts. Or.... if you trust a contractor well enough, you can hire one and let them hire help as needed to complete the project. They would pay out of their own pocket, while you retain control of the overall budget. I do this for clients quite often.

How you go about it really depends on the type of work that needs to be done and your own experience with the skills needed to complete teh task. This is where a project manager may help... but that's yet another slice of the pie to share. 

3. Look into hiring through an agency. I'm not sure how they work on oDesk, so you'll need to wait for more replies... but if the agency manager pays the contractors directly it may work. You lose a lot of control of who's doing the work and keeping them accountable though.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
3 of 4

if I have a project and say it 800.00 budget. And I want to hire 2 freelancers. Do they get paid 800.00 each or is it devided between them?

If you’re hiring an Independent freelancer its $800 each, if it’s an agency then $800 is the total amount, regardless of how many people will be working on your project.

Be careful with agencies; look at the pros and cons. http://community.odesk.com/t5/Clients/Agencies/m-p/66369/highlight/true#M2516

Jordan B Member Since: Apr 26, 2015
4 of 4

Thanks for the replys. And thanks for the heads up on agencys  Natasha. Im trying to do as much research on here as possiable. Im on a very limited budget right now so I cant afford any miss ups. But hope that changes soon, so I can be a good part of the community. I have very limited php/html skills but have good ideas on projects.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS