9baacdd3

Telemarketing Call Costs

Hi,   I'm new to this.   Wanting to try out telemarketing but just wondering how call costs are generally managed?  Is this something that the freelancer will disclose once the job has been accepted, or do I somehow provide a calling line??  Cheers and thanks for helping a newbie. 

3 REPLIES 3
versailles

@Helen S wrote:

Hi,   I'm new to this.   Wanting to try out telemarketing but just wondering how call costs are generally managed?  Is this something that the freelancer will disclose once the job has been accepted, or do I somehow provide a calling line??  Cheers and thanks for helping a newbie. 

Unless the contractor agrees to use their own line, you should provide it. Paying expenses to the freelancer is a little bit inconvenient on Upwork because the platform takes its 20% cut of all transactions.

So it may be cheaper for you to provide a VoIP account.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

A lot of freelancers who specialize in phone-based, such as customer service and presumably telemarketing, have professional-level call equipment, such as headphones and speakers, and many also have high-quality dedicated phone lines or VoiP equipment, and don't need additional service provided to them by clients.

But check. If that is going to be something you require freelancers to have, you would need to specify that in your job posting.

suznee

Helen,

Preston is correct on most who do any type of telephone work have their own equipment. If you are wanting a specific number for the caller or to monitor calls then you might want to look into some of the Voip business plans out there. Then you would be expected to pay for it.

If you are looking to just have someone do telemarketing most have their own equipment and voip accounts.

Call costs are going to depend on if you pay per call or by the hour. Most prefer by the hour on doing calls. You would need to sit down and figure out time and costs per call.