🐈
» Forums » Clients » Text on credit card statement of client
Page options
b63f083e
Community Member

Text on credit card statement of client

Hi Upwork. On my credit card statement / Revolut app, the payments to Upwork appear as for example "524828975ref". When I was new to Upwork, I did not know what this is, when I saw it the first time, I was worried my card was stolen and this payment is a scam. I took me a while to figure out this is Upwork, I nearly blocked my credit card for no reason.

All other online services that I use, is it Google, Zoho, Airbnb, Spotify, Apple, you name it, they always appear with the brand name on my credit card statement. They even show the logo in my Revolut app. It would be great, if the Upwork payments would, besides the ref number, which you might need in some cases too (me personally I don't need it), also show "Upwork" and in Revolut also show the Upwork logo. Kind regards, Samuel

5 REPLIES 5
williamtcooper
Community Member

Samuel,

On the image, it shows Upwork???

On the left is reality, on the right is my Photoshop proposal.

I wonder if it has to do with that specific credit card / bank statement because I only remember Upwork on my statements.

Really, maybe you can check it and post it? From my experience, I send the same text to all clients when charging their credit card, not dependend on their bank, I don't think Upwork just did a bad solution epsecially for Revolut. I don't know about the image, maybe the image can only be changed by Revolut, but however, Upwork should contact Revolut in that case and tell them to add the logo. Paying should feel good!

It actually might be Revolut doing this to Upwork. I 100% of time have Upwork posted on my statements. Ask Revolut and maybe they have an answer.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths