🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: The Freelancer I Hired is Lying about the...
Page options
f4ff5029
Community Member

The Freelancer I Hired is Lying about their Location

Hello all - I hired a freelancer to make some adjustments to my Shopify shop. 

I went out of my way to hire US based freelancers that are proficient in english, and thought I hired one. 

However, their english has not been very good thus far and my instructions used very specific language to get the result I wanted. I can see on my shopify logs that the user is logging in from India, even though their profile says Plano, TX. Additionally, they said they could complete my described tasks in 4 hours total, yet they have now logged 4.5 hours and have not finished the work to the specifications I indicated. 

Am I screwed out of the 4.5 hours of payments he has logged so far?

What can I do to remedy this?

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Chase:

Upwork requires freelancers to use accurate location information. If you encounter a freelancer who is using fake information, you may use the "Flag as inappropriate" link button in the top righthand corner of the freelancer's profile page:

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 2.20.10 PM.png

You could choose the "Looks fake" or "Something else" options, and then enter a brief description in the "Additional details" field.

Keep it short and simple.

You would use this tool to report issues with the freelancer's location information.

This is not a place where you can report that the estimated amount of time it took a freelancer to complete a task was not accurate.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chase,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this Freelancer. I'll share it with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Also, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your Contract and advise on further steps.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f4ff5029
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for the response. When should I expect someone to reach out to me?

Chase

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chase, 

I apologise for the delay. A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths