🐈
» Forums » Support » The client's account is on a temporary hold.
Page options
graphix91
Community Member

The client's account is on a temporary hold.

Hello
I have offered on project to freelancer but he is getting an error (https://tinyurl.com/ybjghanw) while he is accepting the offer.
Can you please help me to resolve the issue on prority bases?
Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

It worked well as per the support ticket.

Thanks for your quick help.

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lipsa,

I have checked your account and I can see that the Freelancer was able to accept your Job Offer. Feel free to reach out to us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lieneev
Community Member

Hello, my freelancer also gets an error stating my account is on on a temporary hold and cannot accept the contract. Can you please help me to solve this issue?

Hi Liene,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I'm also facing the issue. My client hired me & sent me an offer but when i try to accepth the offer it shows me the error of "This client's account is on a temporary hold. Once the issue is resolved, you can accept their offer"please help me, Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zakria,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the hold on their account.

If they're having trouble finding the notification, you can ask them to contact our support team by following these simple steps: 

1. Go to the Help Center.
  2. Select “Get Support” at the bottom of your screen.
  3. Type a question or topic and select "Send". The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  4. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support."
  5. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided.

~ AJ
Upwork
843fa7ca
Community Member

Hello, please base on your experience, i want to know if you were notified before putting your account on hold??

rafatsyed
Community Member

I can not accept 2 offers from 2 different clients. Both says their account is temporary hold. Please fix it as soon as possible, I have submitted the ticket. I have alreadyy delivered work to one client but couldn't even accept the job offer. This issue is urgent!

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
8042aa03
Community Member

Hello,

I am facing the exact same problem, 

I made an offer and my freelancer can not accept it

How can I solve this problem ?

Hi Stanislas,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie,

I am a freelancer cum agency manager and also facing a similar issue while accepting a job offer from the client. It's been 2 hours already but no support member has reverted back to the ticket yet. I have raised a support ticket already #42650134.

Please help me as the client is not able to figure this out by himself. You'll find all the information needed in the ticket ID. 

Thanks,

Sidd

Hi Siddhartha,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this problem. Kindly allow more time for the Customer Support team to follow up with you, as they respond to tickets in the order they are received. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dac1e4c7
Community Member

Hi. I have the same problem with my client
dac1e4c7_0-1705064481472.png

Hi Nuru,

Thanks for reaching out. The client would have to resolve the issue on their account before you can accept the offer. No action is needed on your end at this point.

~ AJ
Upwork
63969ef2
Community Member

Dear,

while I am accepting an offer. Massage appear saying that client is temporary on hold. 
My client and I don't know what to do.
Can you please help me to resolve the issue on prority bases?

client card information attached ((Accepted and approved)

Hi Qotaibah,

Just like AJ shared above, if you're getting that message is because there's an issue with the client's account that they need to resolve before you can accept the offer. We won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
63969ef2
Community Member

If I decline the offer, how will my client receive a refund? Will the funds be credited to his Upwork account balance, or will they be refunded to his bank account?

cc1df3e9
Community Member

Hello, I'm facing the same issue. 
The client said that everything is good on his side.

cc1df3e9_0-1711269677020.png

Hi Aliar,

I checked and saw that your client is already corresponding with our team. Our team will continue to assist your client directly in getting this fixed as soon as possible. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths