🐈
» Forums » Clients » The freelancer is asking for screenshot of my...
Page options
techani
Community Member

The freelancer is asking for screenshot of my rating

I just worked with a freelancer and he asked me first to fund the whole project's price in the wallet regardless of the milestones. He said he's been mugged before. I agreed reluctantly.

After we finished the project, he asked me to show him my rating in a screenshot along with a long message saying that he could harm me with his rating while I can't because he's top rated.

I already rated him 5 stars, but I won't show him. I searched for a place on this website to complain, but the UX of this site is complicated and I couldn't find a complaint form except for this community.

I just want Upwork to send him a warning not to do such thing, nothing more. I even don't wanna change my rating. Please let me know where can I complain.

I hope Upwork staff has Arabic speaker, because I was exchanging messages with him in Arabic.

4 REPLIES 4
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

@ Suhail --

I cannot speak to this because I do not know the specifics of what the freelancer communicated to you. But I do know that it is a violation of Terms of Service for either freelancer or client (in this case, potentially, the FL) to make threats regarding feedback.

emiguelina
Community Member

I don't know the specifics of your case, but base on what you have written: If I were you, I'll change all my credentials, just in case, and close any possible backdoor I might have in order to keep my work, job, place, site, social, etc save. Never ever, ever, and never work with him again.

You already left feedback, so there is no way for you to change it even if you want to, unless he allows it, and he won't, after what you have said he did, which BTW is violated the ToS.

About funding the whole project, he had a point, many clients, I'm not saying this is you, (yeah I know I sound like Preston), only fund half and get the whole work done and never pay the rest, so I get his point.

@Elba A wrote:

You already left feedback, so there is no way for you to change it even if you want to

He can't change it, but he can have it removed. I'd report the freelancer AND remove the 5 star feedback.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suhail,   

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please send me PM with more details about this freelancer or screenshots of messages, so that we can assist you further!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths