🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: The hire button is grayed out on desktop ...
Page options
angistalnaker
Community Member

The hire button is grayed out on desktop version but clickable on the mobile version.

I posted a job and have selected my freelancer but the date selection is unavailable and the hire button is grayed out on the desktop version of upwork. When I go to the mobile version, date is there and the hire button is clickable. I have never had this happen before. Any idea what the issue is?

12 REPLIES 12
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angi, 

Could you please confirm if clearing your browser's cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~ Avery
Upwork
d978a5e4
Community Member

This is happening to my client as well.

dr-work
Community Member

same issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have cleared the cache and cookies, deleted history and tried on three browsers. Still having the issue

Hi Angi,

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
620bb4cc
Community Member

I have the same issue

Hi Max,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e63e56c4
Community Member

I'm having this issue as well

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi April,

It looks like you were able to send an offer just recently. Please reach back to us if you're still experiencing the same issue and we'll be happy to assist you accordingly. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
6b470634
Community Member

I have the same issue reported by others

Hi Tom,

I checked your account, and I can see that you were able to hire a freelancer recently. Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser? If you still experience issues hiring another freelancer, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths