Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The hiring process is broken.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
31 of 35

Wendy C wrote:

Keep a list of those who did excellent work (refer back to your eLance files if need be) and send them private invites to jobs prior to posting them for general distribution.  Providers that worked with you in the past are those most likey to respond favorably to a new invite. 

This is available for Elance clients, under contracts they can see all their Elance freelancers.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
32 of 35

Good to know, Natasha.

Community Leader
Gerald H Member Since: Jun 16, 2016
33 of 35

Wendy C wrote:

... while all I could do was laugh when reading the astute critique of the logo ...

What else can you do? I surely won't weep over this. Imho this occurs, when you have a big merger ahead, a million things in mind, and the logo of the new company is just one of them. Which it shouldn't be. But this is off-topic here. I was merely reacting to Jeffrey's advice to better build everything new from scratch. Just couldn't resist. 

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
34 of 35

People can interpret things how they want to. Do you remember when Airbnb launched their new logo?

Community Leader
Gerald H Member Since: Jun 16, 2016
35 of 35

Natasha R wrote:

People can interpret things how they want to. Do you remember when Airbnb launched their new logo?

Sure, these things are always wide open to interpretation. And this is very good in my opinion. And nothing is ALL good or ALL bad. I don't pretend to know all about it or even that my opinion matters. But for me the upwork logo is bad, it just symbolizes what I observe here. Everybody wants up and is led down. Just my opinion. But again, for many users, Upwork seems to work just fine, so maybe the logo was designed with a special purpose that I don´t know about.. And I have just researched the Airbnb logo and I find it PERFEKT for their business model. But as you so rightfully say: everybody can interpret these things how they want to. I don't know about Airbnb, but judging from their logo they must be doing great, I guess. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS