Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There was a problem charging billing method

Ace Contributor
Annisa S Member Since: Aug 3, 2019
1 of 6

Hi,

This is my second time hiring from Upwork. For the first time, I used Mastercard debitcard. There was no problem at all. But now I can't hire the freelancer and there is notification says 'There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again'. I've tried to remove my billing method and re-add it many times but still didn't work. I also have contacted Upwork help team and the response was:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I've checked all the information, try and try....the problem still occurs. I also replied to the Upwork team's email since 4 hours ago and there is no further response. It really makes me stressed because I need the work done by tomorrow and I've found the right candidate for this job.

What should I do?

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
2 of 6

Annisa S wrote:

Hi,

This is my second time hiring from Upwork. For the first time, I used Mastercard debitcard. There was no problem at all. But now I can't hire the freelancer and there is notification says 'There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again'. I've tried to remove my billing method and re-add it many times but still didn't work. I also have contacted Upwork help team and the response was:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I've checked all the information, try and try....the problem still occurs. I also replied to the Upwork team's email since 4 hours ago and there is no further response. It really makes me stressed because I need the work done by tomorrow and I've found the right candidate for this job.

What should I do?

I don't know why you didn't get an answer.  Did you submit a support ticket?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

Annisa:

You described the card you used as a "debit card", rather than a credit card.

You may wish to carefully read Upwork's "Billing Methods" page and consider whether the problem lies with the TYPE of card you are using:

Billing Methods

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 6.16.54 PM.png

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
4 of 6

I use a debit card for both my freelancer and client account and it works just fine.

Maybe Annisa is using something different than I am since she is in a different country but overall I use "debit" cards all the time instead of credit cards.

Ace Contributor
Annisa S Member Since: Aug 3, 2019
5 of 6

Yes, I use debit card for freelancer account and I've ever used it once to hire on previous job. It was fine at all. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 6

Hi Annisa, 

I checked your account, and can see that the team has reached out to you through Ticket# 26457135. Kindly refer to the team's recommendation to help you resolve this issue. If the issue persists, please update the same ticket thread so that it can be investigated further. 

As a gentle reminder, please refrain from lodging new tickets with our Customer Support Team so that they can assist you more efficiently. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS