🐈
» Forums » Clients » This freelancer is not available for job invi...
Page options
5fde3fc0
Community Member

This freelancer is not available for job invitations

I'm trying to hire a freelancer for one of my jobs, but their profile says, "This freelancer is not available for job invitations."  I was instructed to contact support to get the profile approved for hiring.  Please advise

12 REPLIES 12
prestonhunter
Community Member

I have seen this mentioned as a note put on profiles when the profile has not yet been approved.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex, 

The team has shared this link where you should be able to invite the freelancer to work with you. If you go through any issues, you or your freelancer can contact us here, or the Customer Support Team directly through a suppor ticket so that we can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
0d8d0ea5
Community Member

I'm having the same issue , trying to hire a Dev but on the profile states 'This freelancer is not available for job invitations' **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please advise......

Hi Liam, 

You should be able to invite the freelancer to work with you by accessing this link. If you encounter any issues, you may reply to this thread or contact Customer Support for further assistance. 

Hi

The freelancer cannot see my invite for the job ...

Hi Liam,

I`m sorry about the confusion.

Unfortunately you won't be able to invite the freelancer you`re referring to to your job or hire them. Feel free to search for other freelancers and if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

What is the reason for this? This dev I have worked with in the past , created my website **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I want to hire him for the designer job I just got completed on Upwork. I believe he is trying to get himself up and running on here and is facing difficulties.

Hi Liam,

Unfortunately I can`t share details for another user. 
At the moment you can submit a request to bring your own freelancer and our team will review it, once the review is finished our team will share the results with you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
99a5770b
Community Member

Hello On behalf of my school, we are trying to hire a freelancer for one of my jobs, but their profile says, "This freelancer is not available for job invitations." I was instructed to contact support to get the profile approved for hiring. Please advice.

We are interested in this particular freelancer who (khuwaylid) works in Cronulla, Australia for one of our job as we have been highly recommended by a colleague. But for safety and reality we decided to use this platform so as we have continuous communication that we can really on.
So please advise us according

petra_r
Community Member

Munyonyo H wrote:

Hello On behalf of my school, we are trying to hire a freelancer for one of my jobs, but their profile says, "This freelancer is not available for job invitations." I was instructed to contact support to get the profile approved for hiring. Please advice.

We are interested in this particular freelancer who  works in Cronulla, Australia for one of our job as we have been highly recommended by a colleague. But for safety and reality we decided to use this platform so as we have continuous communication that we can really on.
So please advise us according

Use a different freelancer.

You could use that one, but only via the "bring your own freelancer" scheme, but then the freelancer will only be able to work with you (NOT other clients and it will NOT get their profile approved, which I guess is the idea here?)

THIS freelancer was rejected and will not be approved. Interesting how some people can be in Kampala, Uganda and Australia at the same time, too.

99a5770b
Community Member

I appreciate your assistance in this matter. What can they do to approve
their profile or something like that?
This freelancer worked on some of our project before migrating to Australia
and we would like him to work on this one as well since he knows our
technical requirements and how our activities operate.
Please help in this regard.
He told me that I may contact support team to help approval thats why am
kindly seeking for your help.
If you may contact him and guide him on what he should do.
I will be very grateful for your timely assistance.

Munyonyo High School
IT manager
petra_r
Community Member

Munyonyo H wrote:

This freelancer worked on some of our project before migrating to Australia
and we would like him to work on this one as well since he knows our
technical requirements and how our activities operate.
Please help in this regard.

You may be able to hire him, but that will NOT approve his profile.  In that case he can work with you and only you.

Every day 10.000 people try to join Upwork. 98% are rejected and of the 2% that are accepted, most never make any money.

If you really want to work with that freelancer, hire him directly.

Hiring him via Upwork will NOT   help him get approved here.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths