🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Threatening Email from Upwork User
Page options
seb_bat
Community Member

Threatening email

Hello,
this is what i received from a contact form on my website!
Can someone have a look at this please?
Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
15 REPLIES 15
1d30521b
Community Member

I also recived this, twice, today.

I have tried to find a contact form on this site but couldn't.

"**Edited for Community Guidelines**

It does appear to have been sent from **Edited for Community Guidelines** as far as I can tell. Not a great advert for the site.

So I got this email from you.  A company I've never used in the past and I darn sure won't use in in the future.  After the hacking from your company where you sent out an email to every one of my contacts, I had hoped you'd all disappear into the night.  But no, you continue to allow this behavior from your desperate, degenerate freelancers.   Please put a leash on them.  

Hi Dudley and Terry,

Thank you for sharing the details as well. Our team is investigating it at the moment and taking proper actions. 
If you have any additional questions or further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello - My client has also received an email from the contact form on her website that reads:

Please confirm what action you are taking??

Hi Catherine,

Unfortunately we can't share details about the investigations or the actions taken. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am not asking you to share it but can you please privately send me details of the actions you have taken so that I can pass this on to my client to reassure them that it has been dealt with.

Hi Seb,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you and thank you for reporting it. 
Our team is investigating this further and will take proper actions immediately. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Our company email address (withheld) has received a threatening email from an Upwork Freelancer - which was received on our website contact form at 9:45 pm NZT.  Below is the information we have received.  We would like to open an investigation to have the matter resolved as soon as possible.  Thank you.

Thank you for sharing the details as well Eric,

Rest assured our team is investigating this further at the moment. If you have any additional questions let me know. 

~ Goran
Upwork

It's pretty obviously a dumb hoax. The supposed freelancer has a client account and the supposed email address is a spoof.

Anyone can go into contact forms on websites and add whatever invented / imaginary email address they like as the sender, or even the email address of any given real person.

That does not mean the action originates from the domain in question, let alone the person.

It would be a pretty dumb thing to do if a real freelancer really did try to get hired that way, so I'd assume this to be some idiotic prankster, maybe one of the endless freelancers Upwork rejects or kicks out.

seb_bat
Community Member

The link below was actually pointing to a profile with the option to be hired ect...
It has now been deleted. Didn't look like a client's account!

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seb,

We apologize about the inconvenience this had caused you! Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Our team will investigate this further and take proper actions immediately.

Let us know if further help is needed from our end.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
seb_bat
Community Member

here is another one!

eab8dd7b
Community Member

Hello,

We have just received this threatening email from someone saying they are a content writer from your site.

Please sort this guy out! Thank you

lysis10
Community Member

dannng lots of them all in one day. Looks like some auto accepted mobile developer sweaty is angry and wants to smash.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths