cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threats from a Freelancer

Renee B Member Since: Feb 10, 2017
1 of 7

I just received the following threats from a freelancer we'd hired. What can be done about this? Please see attached.

BTW, there should be a way that clients can report this IMMEDIATELY, and this is all because I gave him a 4 for communication skills. He needs to be removed as a possible freelancer.

Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
2 of 7

Contact CS and submit a support ticket with the screenshot immediately, they'll take care of it. 

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
3 of 7

Your attachment will be removed when a mod gets here, but from what I read, the freelancer should be banned from the site permanently.  As suggested, submit to CS immediately.  

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 7

providers are like clients. The lower the rate, the worse the provider.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 7

There is no rate and no behavior on the part of the client that justifies threatening behavior from a freelancer.

I agree that this freelancer needs to be banned permanently from Upwork. The client is doing Upwork a favor to report this.

Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
6 of 7

@Preston H wrote:

There is no rate and no behavior on the part of the client that justifies threatening behavior from a freelancer.

I  agree with you here. No matter how much you charge or how rude your client is, you cannot behave like that. It's wrong and sickening. 

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Renee,

I'm sorry about the message you received from your freelancer and the outcome of your contract, our team will reach out to you soon and take action in line with our ToS.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS