🐈
» Forums » Clients » Transactions for no reason
Page options
5594854d
Community Member

Transactions for no reason

I recently hired one freelancer for a jingle. It costed 5$. I deposted using my debit card but for some reason 20$ were transactioned and only after buying the single service that costed 5$ I have 0$ left. I checked the invoices, I dont understand where the money went. Could a moderator please check my transations and help me out?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hyde,

The total charge on your card was $15. You were charged with two small amounts (total of $10)for verifying your billing method. I would like to confirm that the $10 charge was already refunded back to your account. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 business days for the refund to reflect on your account.

And for your contract you were charged only $5, the funds were already released to your freelancer. When you hire a freelancer on a fixed price contract you will have 2 transactions. One for funding the contract in Escrow and the second one for paying your freelancer. To learn more about transactions for fixed price contracts check out this Guide
If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hyde,

The total charge on your card was $15. You were charged with two small amounts (total of $10)for verifying your billing method. I would like to confirm that the $10 charge was already refunded back to your account. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 business days for the refund to reflect on your account.

And for your contract you were charged only $5, the funds were already released to your freelancer. When you hire a freelancer on a fixed price contract you will have 2 transactions. One for funding the contract in Escrow and the second one for paying your freelancer. To learn more about transactions for fixed price contracts check out this Guide
If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Alright, thank you. I will wait for the refundable deposit to reflect back to my account.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths