🐈
» Forums » Support » Transfer account ownership
Page options
32a1db5d
Community Member

Transfer account ownership

Hi, the account owner left our company and we don't know how to transfer the ownership without him. Can anyone help me to change this please? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry about the delayed response. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you and assist you with your concern. 

In general, customers can reach out to our support team if they need assistance with something like transferring ownership of their account. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
42aac907
Community Member

Hi,

We have another account registered that we've been trying to update but the password reset email is not coming through (we've checked spam/junk).  Unfortunately, this email is the Admin on the account so we're not able to post a new project listing until we're able to get in.  Can you help?

Thanks!

Hi Drew,

I believe I was able to locate the account you're referring to, could you please try sending the verification email one more time? If the issue persists, could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
23a06055
Community Member

Can someone please advise! I need to take over a colleague's account that has left the firm. I have tried to reach out to support, but no one seems to be able to help. Looking to remove his name and add mine + add company details to hire / contract. Looking for someone to help. 

Hi Elise,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
23a06055
Community Member

Thank you - when will that be? 

They'll reach out as soon as possible, Elise. You'll receive an email notification once your ticket is created.

~Andrea
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi Jonathan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, 

how do I open a new support ticket?

I tried to click on the "?" button but I stuck talking with a robot since 30 minutes. 

I recommend not worrying about trying to create a support ticket.

What is your question?

We can answer your question right here. Or, if necessary, get the matter sent to the right people within Upwork.

Thanks Preston, 

I would like to transfer ownership of our client account to another admin. 

Can I do it myself, or I need to open a ticket?

If I need to open a ticket, how to do so?

Let's wait a few hours to see if a moderator sets up a ticket for you. It often works out that way.

Hi Ivan,

I can see that you are already corresponding with our team directly. They will assist you further with your request. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues contacting our support team. You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help you, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team.

Please feel free to share more information with us here in the community and we'll gladly help you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
dcb10bfd
Community Member

I was the first of my email domain to sign up for UpWork and became the team "Admin" upon signing up; I'd like to re-assign that Admin role to someone else in our domain without needing to upgrade our account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sal,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0b9c1566
Community Member

I am a new user, set up as an Owner on my account.  I didnt enter info for company, tagline, website but was able to post a job, get candidates, interview, and am ready to hire. But I cant hire, until I complete update of this information.  When I try to get to the settings page, I get a message that I dont have access to the page and to get with the account owner.  What am I doing wrong?  Also, I will need to transfer account ownership to our CFO.  I helped set up everything, but payments and billing will go through the CFO.  Can someone help me?

Hi Elliott,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
508998ce
Community Member

Our previous account owner has left the business, I am hoping to change the acccount ownership to myself. I could not find anything about this in the support articles.

Thank you

Hi Dale,

~Andrea
Upwork
52d86ee0
Community Member

Hi Upwork, 

I am compiling a list of Upwork receipts and invoices for my Finance department. However, there is a problem. I did not received a formal receipt via my email for something that I was charged with on my company card. And I cannot check my transactions on the backend because my supervisor has not enabled this option for me, and she has left the company. 

Who can I contact to request for another copy of my receipt? Thanks!

Hi Deana,

~Andrea
Upwork
ca7589b2
Community Member

Hello,

This user has left the company but is still an admin. Your forms will not let me transfer account ownership to the other person on my team. There is also no way to contact upwork directly.

Can a moderator assist with this?

Hi Evan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with the account ownership. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

One more similar case:

This user has left the company but is still an admin. Your forms will not let me transfer account ownership to the other person on my team. There is also no way to contact upwork directly. 

But with additional nuances:

Due to special account (it came with the company from anciant times as migration from the main ELANCE company account to the UPWORK after UpWork acquired Elance. Is it possible to change this special account owner FIRST/LASTNAME to the new company director one ?

Can a moderator assist with this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksiy,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9afd3d69
Community Member

I have the same problem, but I am the one leaving the company and I have the contracts under my name and I am the owner on the account. Does that matter when I leave? I have added new people but it still shows me as the owner.

Hi Alex,

We'll have someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
b7b69e3c
Community Member

I am leaving the company and need to change the account owner from me to someone else at my company. Can I please start this process?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
35c5e977
Community Member

We changed ownership of our company and created a new upwork, how can I get assistance ensuring our freelancers get the same fees they had previously and not the new contract fees of 20%? What email can I send the supporting documents to?

Hi Christopher,

~Andrea
Upwork
ef8eb4d8
Community Member

I need to change the owner of my account - can someone please help with this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacob,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e69214a5
Community Member

I would like to transfer the account ownership to one of the officers in the company. is this possible?

Hi Mohammad,

Yes, it is! We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with it.

~Andrea
Upwork
71e5ad94
Community Member

There is no way to issue a request on your support site, event as the account owner.  I need to transfer ownership to a colleague.

Sorry about the delayed response. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you and assist you with your concern. 

In general, customers can reach out to our support team if they need assistance with something like transferring ownership of their account. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Valeria
Upwork
6665fd63
Community Member

My ex-coworker, Aaron, had an upwork account associated with his work email (a Google account under our company's Google account). I believe there's a valuable company project located on his upwork account. He used Google log-in as his way of accessing the upwork account. Aaron no longer works with us, and his Google account no longer exists, nor do we have access to his Google account password anymore, but his upwork account is still set to Google log-in. So how can I access his upwork account to retrieve the relevant project info?

For some reason I thought it might help if I was able to reset his upwork password, so I set things up in our company Google account such that any emails sent to his old work email would land in my email. Then I successfully reset his upwork password, only to then remember that that doesn't help me log-in to his upwork account, because it still requires Google log-in (and doesn't allow you to directly type in the password).
What can be done here?
Carson

Hi Carson,

We truly appreciate your reaching out to us and bringing this matter to our attention. We can’t discuss another user’s account with a third party to avoid violating our privacy policy. Could you please request the account owner to contact us directly here so we can proceed accordingly?

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths