🐈
» Forums » Clients » Transfer to new account
Page options
jdw12
Community Member

Transfer to new account

I need to transfer our billing and job history to a new account with the same owner.

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

@Joshua W wrote:

I need to transfer our billing and job history to a new account with the same owner.

That is neither possible nor allowed, unfortunately.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua, 

I checked your account and can see that you are currently the owner of your company. Do you mean you want to create a new account and be able to use the billing and job history of your company on that new account? 

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

I have created a new account and I want thebilling and job history transferred to the new account. We have changed legal entities but it is the same company.

petra_r
Community Member

@Joshua W wrote:

I have created a new account and I want thebilling and job history transferred to the new account. We have changed legal entities but it is the same company.

Why don't you just change the details on your existing account to reflect the new legal entity?

Community Member

There are two legal entities on the old account and one of them needs to stay where it is and in tact. The other needs to be transferred onto a new one as the entities are no longer related.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Most likely this is not possible, Joshua. But I'll double check it with the team and will get back to you.

UPDATE: Looks like I am wrong, Joshua and the Customer Support Team said it was doable. They will reach out to you through an email to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I know actual details can't be shared, but would Upwork please clarify how it is possible to have two accounts. This is so that freelancers do not get the idea that they can create a new account when they feel like it. 

@Nichola L wrote:

I know actual details can't be shared, but would Upwork please clarify how it is possible to have two accounts. This is so that freelancers do not get the idea that they can create a new account when they feel like it. 

A client can have two accounts, for instance when they are operating more than one business. In this case, they cannot have only one account for obvious accounting reasons.

Freelancers on the other side have zero legitimate reasons for having two accounts. But Upwork is testing a way for a freelancer to have sort of many sub-profiles under the same account for different ranges of services.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Got it, thanks René. 🙂

A business might be more than one people, partners, etc. A business owner might own more than one business. I'm glad if Upwork can help clients and businesses set up accounts that work well for them so that they can hire freelancers.

@Rene K wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

A client can have two accounts, for instance when they are operating more than one business. In this case, they cannot have only one account for obvious accounting reasons.

This is not strictly correct.

In almost all cases there should still be one account, but this one account can have different client accounts under it, all having their own structures including accounting, billing methods etc.

Having more than one stand alone account requires explicit permission from Upwork.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths