🐈
» Forums » Clients » Trying to Hire
Page options
286de9bb
Community Member

Trying to Hire

I have been trying to hire a person who responded to my ad.  I like his work and we have settled on a price.  Yet after placing my credit card on the system, I keep getting a message that there is an issue with my account.  My card is good and I tried a few different cards.  Same message each time I place a card.  I am attempting to place a deposit for the job.  Tried since Friday and left messages.  I have tried to call today and only a message to leave a message.  Well, I have left many messages.  Maybe, this is not the place to hire someone?  No response always gives me red flags.  I have sent messages, spoken to the bot that has no clue on how to answer questions.  I am glad for this page as I have learnt a thing or two.  Guess I will have to go elsewhere to hire someone.

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Ben,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to help you add your Billing Method. Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
286de9bb
Community Member

I have written the response to the ticket and I attached a picture of the issue.  I keep getting the same email from the person who wrote the ticket with the same message.  I responded to the email and the 4th time and received this.  I think I will delete my card and move on.  Thanks yet one must not be affraid to call your client  unless there is something to hide.

Ben, I checked and it looks like our support agent offered a solution on the support ticket which you can access here. You may be referring to the automated emails sent from these Community forums. Those are to inform you about posts, replies, and kudos in the Community. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths