🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Two-factor authentication for EU clients
Page options
b7d64c45
Community Member

Two-factor authentication for EU clients

I have had a milestone declined today as MasterCard automatically declines all payments over 500 euro (roughly 590 dollars) from now on. Their response: Upwork as a platform does not comply with the EU directive called PSD2 which requires two-factor authentication to combat online fraud. 

Do any of you know if Upwork is going to comply with this in the future? To be fair, the milestone I had trouble with was approved once I split it up in two. But this is just a bit tiring and it's embarrasing not being able to pay freelancers on time.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bettina,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your concern. We've forwarded it to the team and they're currently checking on it. They'll also reach out to you via a support ticket to keep you updated. You'll be able to access your ticket here.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b7d64c45
Community Member

Hi,

The ticket is marked as solved, but I'm still having problems because Upwork doesn't comply with EU regulation. Two freelancers haven't been paid for April because the payments are automatically declined by Mastercard. I tried making new milestones with smaller amounts, but it doesn't work. I've also updated the credit card details. Our finance department tells me to drop Upwork, but that doesn't seem like a good solution 🙂

Hi Bettina,

Our team has reached out to you via a new ticket with the number 31626183. Feel free to follow up directly there and our team will assist you further as soon as possible. You can access your ticket section on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths