🐈
» Forums » Clients » UPWORK IT DEPT. ATTENTION
Page options
mipaparazzi
Community Member

UPWORK IT DEPT. ATTENTION

Please the IT dept. should look for a way to start a watch eye on all unverified accts. most especially with client acct. 

Now I recieved a Job posting which I submitted a proposal to and in the process of the interview, a simliar file which a scam client has used before was sent, I had to check name and some details about this client and I saw a pattern being used by some unverified client account ( make a post, and then interview over 20 persons without hire.  On leaving this client room, I noticed something that has NEVER happened to me in my acct. (upwork used cloudfare captcha to stop me until I used the captcha)  Now this left me thinking

1) Why are they interviewing a large number

2) could they be pulling some information which may be detrimental to the freelancers accout?

3) what exactly are they after? 

please the IT dept. should start some check when an account may be accessed from two diffferent locations or IP address. ( just my thoughts)

2 REPLIES 2
navidzafar
Community Member

Very strange thing.

JoanneP

Hi Fortune, 

Thanks for reaching out and for sharing your thoughts about this. When you submit a proposal for a job the Upwork system lets you know if the client has an unverified billing method. You don’t have to avoid these clients, but you should know that you cannot get paid until the client successfully completes billing method verification. It is up to you to decide if beginning work before that is done is worth the risk. Please note that even if you have an hourly contract, you are not yet covered under the Upwork Hourly Protection when the client doesn’t have a verified payment method.

If you see a job or a profile that seems suspicious, you can report it to us using the flagging option. This will send a notification to our team so that they can review and take appropriate actions. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths