🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: UPwork is not supportive to client and in...
Page options
cosmic-it
Community Member

UPwork is not supportive to client and in hourly contract clients interest is not safegaurded

Upwork is not balanced and supportive to client specially if resource fools and forces to change contract to hourly contract and fills wrong timesheet and the objection period is of 4 days whihc is very less so if client realizes that resource has done wrong time tracking after 4 days as per ipwork client can't do anything.

i have a freelancer **edited for Community Guidelines** she created one of the most ugly websites and milked approx 800 $ and when I complained upwork is not taking any action just hiding behind rule.

how clients interest is safegarured please help.

Contract ID# 23304566

ID# 23304566

My feedback against the freelancer is also removed by upwork as per me thiese feedback will help future clients to identify fraud and cheap freelancers

I need your help and support as upwork is not doing a great job.

quality is not safegaurded.

In my case I tool a new freelancer and did the work again but upwork is blind they are only concered anout its commision it seems.

please guide.

6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cosmic, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this freelancer. I can see that your concern has already been escalated, and a member of the team has been assisting you through your ticket with Ticket #27531273. As this issue is already being handled by another team, I would recommend that you continue communicating with the team through the same ticket thread so that they can assist you further with your concern. 

Please also refer to Upwork's Payment Protection for hourly contracts for more information on how you can stay protected on Upwork as a client on hourly contracts. 

~ Avery
Upwork

re: "quality is not safegaurded."

That is correct. Upwork makes no guarantees regarding the quality of work provided by freelancers. As a client, it is your responsibility to review the work done by freelancers, or have your project manager do so. You should close the contracts on all underperforming freelancers.

Preston H wrote:

re: "quality is not safegaurded."

happy wheels

That is correct. Upwork makes no guarantees regarding the quality of work provided by freelancers. As a client, it is your responsibility to review the work done by freelancers, or have your project manager do so. You should close the contracts on all underperforming freelancers.

Thank you for your clear answer.

Preston H wrote:

re: "quality is not safegaurded." **edited for Community Guidelines**

You may be right, but I'm discussing the work I'm going to do in detail, and if I don't like it, I'm doing it again, even before I start working, I want him to do a small part of it as an example.

Hi Owen,

Clients are allowed to ask freelancers to complete more than one paid test if necessary. That would not be against Upwork TOS. That said, the freelancer is free to accept an offer to complete the test or not.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Though I do not relate this with the thought such is the case with this hiring client poster. I do not want this to be constued in any way as an attack upon a fellow hiring client.

It could be, when hiring clients do not get good service, they accomplished one of the following.  Low quality work in selecting the contractor.  Low quality work in managing the contractor.  Low quality work in managing then final deliverables.  Again, I do not wish this to be construed in any way as an attack on the poster. I am very sad for this experience and there are a 'bad apples' in every basket of freelancers. 

This is a generalized dialog that seeks to remind all hiring clients of a generalized paradigm: "the degree to which we get results may depend directly on the quality of our capability to managing freelancers". 

With quality management of freelancers, the quality of Upwork support becomes a moot point.  

Latest Articles
Learning Paths