cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPwork is not supportive to client and in hourly contract clients interest is not safegaurded

Cosmic I Member Since: Jan 18, 2020
1 of 4

Upwork is not balanced and supportive to client specially if resource fools and forces to change contract to hourly contract and fills wrong timesheet and the objection period is of 4 days whihc is very less so if client realizes that resource has done wrong time tracking after 4 days as per ipwork client can't do anything.

i have a freelancer **edited for Community Guidelines** she created one of the most ugly websites and milked approx 800 $ and when I complained upwork is not taking any action just hiding behind rule.

how clients interest is safegarured please help.

Contract ID# 23304566

ID# 23304566

My feedback against the freelancer is also removed by upwork as per me thiese feedback will help future clients to identify fraud and cheap freelancers

I need your help and support as upwork is not doing a great job.

quality is not safegaurded.

In my case I tool a new freelancer and did the work again but upwork is blind they are only concered anout its commision it seems.

please guide.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Cosmic, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this freelancer. I can see that your concern has already been escalated, and a member of the team has been assisting you through your ticket with Ticket #27531273. As this issue is already being handled by another team, I would recommend that you continue communicating with the team through the same ticket thread so that they can assist you further with your concern. 

Please also refer to Upwork's Payment Protection for hourly contracts for more information on how you can stay protected on Upwork as a client on hourly contracts. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

re: "quality is not safegaurded."

That is correct. Upwork makes no guarantees regarding the quality of work provided by freelancers. As a client, it is your responsibility to review the work done by freelancers, or have your project manager do so. You should close the contracts on all underperforming freelancers.

Alice W Member Since: Feb 13, 2020
4 of 4

Preston H wrote:

re: "quality is not safegaurded."

happy wheels

That is correct. Upwork makes no guarantees regarding the quality of work provided by freelancers. As a client, it is your responsibility to review the work done by freelancers, or have your project manager do so. You should close the contracts on all underperforming freelancers.

Thank you for your clear answer.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS