🐈
» Forums » Clients » URGENT PROBLEM - PLEASE ASSIST
Page options
1910edaf
Community Member

URGENT PROBLEM - PLEASE ASSIST

We are creating a special security site for the schools in Parkland, Florida where the school shooting took place on Valentine's day. We hired a programmer on here and he promised delivery on March 16. We told the students and parents that and they were expecting it then. This programmer misrepresented his abilities and couldn't finish this project. We have the money in escrow and we now have a capable programmer to do this for these kids but we must transferr the money over to this new programmer and we need to do this immediately. The former programmer has cancelled the contract.  We have tried to find our way through this but we are not getting anywhere. Please walk us through this transferr to the new programmer so we can get this system out to these kids and parents. If you want to verify this request please go to www.schoolsafetynet.org and you can see for yourself this system we are creating for these kids and parents. Please help us get this done right away. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mack, 

I checked your Transactions page (Reports > Transactions), and can see that the money in escrow for the Milestone 1 of this recently closed contract has already been credited back to your payment method last 19-March. This credit should reflect on your account within 5-days. You should be able to create a new contract, hire a freelancer, and fund the milestones as needed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mack, 

I'm sorry for the delay in my response. I checked your account and can see that your most recent contract was closed on 19-March. You should be able to check your contracts here (All Jobs > All Contracts). 

Mack, I would recommend that you read up on the resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork as a client. If you have other questions, you can post it here, or contact our Customer Support team directly so that we may be able to assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork
1910edaf
Community Member

Thank you for your response. I am 60 years old and use the computer very rarely to conduct any type of direct business. I have used Upwork before and have always found it difficult to use. 

Now I have this situation where i need to transferr this money; i have read everything i can find to read. Please provide me some direction here, i have already done what you requested. Should my next step be the customer service team? If so, could you provide a link to them for me? This is an important situation, as you can certainly see. Thanks in advance for the information..

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mack, 

I checked your Transactions page (Reports > Transactions), and can see that the money in escrow for the Milestone 1 of this recently closed contract has already been credited back to your payment method last 19-March. This credit should reflect on your account within 5-days. You should be able to create a new contract, hire a freelancer, and fund the milestones as needed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
1910edaf
Community Member

Thank you Avery, thank you so much..........

Latest Articles
Learning Paths