🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Unable to down load my files from my proj...
Page options
e0a28d1a
Community Member

Unable to down load my files from my project

My job is complete however I can't download my files.

Very frustrating !!! And the help is of no help!

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Eileen:

You are a client who hired a freelancer to do a job, and you are having trouble downloading the files?

Neither you nor the freelancer should rely on Upwork as a file transfer tool. Upwork is not a file transfer service. In a pefect world, downloading files would always work. But in the real world, professional freelancers often use other methods to transfer files to clients because they know that not all files can safely be transferred via Upwork. Use anything you'd like, including:

- FTP

- email

- Dropbox

- Google Drive

- Microsoft One Drive

- USB flashdrive

- WeTranser

- FileCloud

That's interesting because I have not had any problems in sending files to clients.

re: "That's interesting because I have not had any problems in sending files to clients"

It IS possible to use Upwork to send many types of files to clients.

But not all types of files.

It depends on the file type, the file size, and the file contents.

Upwork file transfer methods DO MAKE CHANGES to some files, rendering them unusable. Or sometimes removing the work that you did on them (such as when Upwork removes comments from edited Microsoft Word documents).

There is nothing wrong with using Upwork to transfer files as long as you understand that doing so may cause your files to be changed or damages, or that they may never actually reach the client, or if they do reach the client, they will seem to be corrupted or unusable, and the client will think that you are responsible and not realize that Upwork changed the files.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eileen,

Please go to your Contracts tab and select the Contract you're referring to. Under the Milestones & Payments Tab, you should be able to locate the Review & Pay button. Once you click on that button, on the bottom of that pop-up window, you'll find submitted files under the Work Submissions section.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Always A-L-W-A-Y-S have a second method of contact between client and FLer.  Copy everything to workroom but email and any of the methods Preston mentioned are far more reliable than Upwork. 

They neither suffer from down-time nor from excessive tech glitches.

Bojan has a point here:

We don't actually if the original poster had trouble downloading the files due to file transfer problems... or because they simpy didn't know where to look for files uploaded using the "Submit Work" button.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths