🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Unable to download an attachment files wi...
Page options
2412c1df
Community Member

Unable to download an attachment files with a password

I need to download an attachment file. this file is protected with a password, when I try to download it. that message is shown:

"The file you’re trying to download is password protected, and could not be scanned."

26 REPLIES 26
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this message. I checked this for you and looks like you were able to solve this out with your Freelancer. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, i got same issue with protected zip file. how can i download it ?

Hi Marian,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your file. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading my question. I have received some pakssword protected file and it is not scanned by upwork. Thus, it is not downloadable. Can you help?

Hi Muhammad,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.

Hi Hawris,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Please, be quick as my client try to end my contract on this base.

Hi there, I have received a password-protected file from a client. Upwork is unable to scan it thus i cannot download and work on it. Please help

Hi Imran,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
45bc8afc
Community Member

I also got the same issue with password protected PDF file. How can I download it?

Hi Ringer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1fdcb8ff
Community Member

Hi! Same issue. Any luck?

Hi Nyle,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
7b449ff5
Community Member

Hi Good day! I'm having problem downloading a PFD fiel sent by my client. The remark is "The file you're trying to download is password protected, and could not be scanned".My client give the password. May I ask for assistance on how can I download the file? Thank you so much!

Hi Nerlyn,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
add87
Community Member

Hi there, I have received a password-protected file from a client. Upwork is unable to scan it thus i cannot download and work on it. Please help

re: "Hi there, I have received a password-protected file from a client. Upwork is unable to scan it thus i cannot download and work on it. Please help"

Help yourself.

Tell the client to email thr file to you.

Or FTP.

Or Dropbox.

joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Still strange that Upwork doesn't allow me overrule that. 
I understand the need for safety, but once I make a conscious decision to download something that Upwork cannot scan I shouldn't have to move off platform or even stranger, file a ticket with the support team. 

Hi Joost,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'll pass this along to the appropriate team. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hello, I would also need your help - I cannot download a password protected file. Thank you in advance.

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
460a5a5e
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I am having the same issue and hoping I can have a support ticket created.

Hi Barrett,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0d90ac0b
Community Member

I am unable to donload a password protected file

Can anyone help me out in solving this

Hi Shaheer,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this here. I have also shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths