🐈
» Forums » Clients » Unable to hire
Page options
lermasophie
Community Member

Unable to hire

I already posted my job, found a freelancer and agreeded on terms. But I can't make her an offer. On the hire page, the hire button at the bottom of the page is grey and can't be clicked on.

I updated yesterday billing payment method, billing adress and phone..

Below SS of my hire page (which doesn't look like the one I see in the support video "send an offer".

31 REPLIES 31
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sophie,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 
Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to hire your freelancer? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

I just cleared cookies and cache and try on Google chrome, Firefox and
internet explorer and I still have the same issue.

Thank you for your help

Hi Sophie,

Please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

elHlo Bojan

I already updated my info 2 days ago. Everything is filled in. And I still can't hire.

Also looks I even don't have the correct hire page". Mine also have the sections: 

- contract title

- terms. Fix agreeded price is already there. Choice of deposit is available. Due date impossible to enter.

- work description (I just have a free place to wite the work requirements)

- agreement on upwork T&Cs box 

- hire button at the bottom of the page is blocked (colorede in grey)

076acde7
Community Member

Can't Hire
Answered Q's
Won't click Hire

Hi Zac,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post here: 

• Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to hire your freelancer? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here and our team will assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran

I already updated my info 2 days ago and cleared my cache and cookies and try internet explorer, firefox and google Chrome. And I still can't hire.

Also looks I even don't have the correct hire page". Mine also have the sections: 

- contract title

- terms. Fix agreeded price is already there. Choice of deposit is available. Due date impossible to enter.

- work description (I just have a free place to wite the work requirements)

- agreement on upwork T&Cs box 

- hire button at the bottom of the page is blocked (colored in grey)

Hi Sophie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with hiring your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I am unable to hire as well, please support to raise a ticket for getting my issue resolved
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nav,

Please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7710d146
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you, I did updated but still seeing the error message and unable to hire freelancer.

Appreciate if you could please look into my issue as it’s been 4-5 days since the issue is occurring.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nav,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
2011a253
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am experiencing the same issues and need to pay a freelancer. Could you please assist?

Hi Ashley,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am having similar issues with hiring. Can I please have a ticket to help resolve. 

Thanks

Hi Luke,

I checked and it seems that you already have a Community post and a ticket from a few days ago. Could you please let me know if you were referring to the same case? If so, I already followed up with the team handling your case, and one of our agents already updated your ticket with more information and the steps to resolve the issue. If not, please send me more information about your issue so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

The issue has now been resolved via the other ticket. Thanks for your help.

hello, hire button at the bottom of the page is blocked (colorede in grey) not working pls help

i tried all the tricks info updated

Hi Bhavani,

Please go to Settings > My Info and add your full address. Once this is done try to hire your freelancer. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The problem isn't fixed! its remaining same issue

Hi Bhavani,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with hiring your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Could you arrange for your team member to reach out to me. I am having the same issue as the rest. I hope to have this issue resolved asap and would appreciate your help.

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem as well. Followed the guidance on the support site and the actions detailed in this thread, but still hire button is greyed out and unable to make an offer to freelancer.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with hiring your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I've followed the steps you recommended in other replies but I'm still unable to make an offer.

Could I get some assistance please?

Cheers
Azri

Hi Azri,

I checked your account and you should be able to send an offer. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can take a look? While making the offer, make sure that you checked the box as shown in this screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am experiencing the same problems and need to pay my freelancer. Could you please help. 

thepenster
Community Member

I'm a freelancer on the platform. My client is  unable to hire me. Keeps getting an error response.

860186e0
Community Member

i have a paymentupwork verification.png problem my credit card work perfectly  ut i can't hire

Hi Mohamed,

I'll have one of the team members assist you further with your concern via a support ticket. Please allow them time to review your case and you should be getting an update here once your ticket is ready. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths