🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Unable to invite freelancer
Page options
jenks_tom
Community Member

Unable to invite freelancer

Hi guys,

So I invited a private freelancer onto upwork, we did a job but I ended the contract so I could invite him onto a new one. The problem is when I send an invite to this person it says "This freelancer cannot be invited". The project is invite only so it shouldn't be a problem on my end. On his end (his profile) it says he is available and open to projects and that I should be able to invite him etc. But no matter what we try we cannot get his profile to accept an invitation to interview.

If anyone can help at all that would be fantastic, the help center and community bot are not helpful with this unfortunately and I can't seem to find anywhere to contact UpWork help directly.

Thanks,
Tom

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll report this to our engineers for further investigation. Could you please try to click the ''Hire Now'' button on the Freelancers profile in order to hire them?

Please, let me know if you're not able to send you an offer that way either.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jenks_tom
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your reply, on his profile there is no hire now button, it just says "This freelancer is not available for job invitations." Yet directly below that says how he is available so I'm quite confused.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom J wrote:

Thanks for your reply, on his profile there is no hire now button, it just says "This freelancer is not available for job invitations." Yet directly below that says how he is available so I'm quite confused.

That usually means the freelancer's application to join Upwork was rejected.

Yes but when you invite your own freelancer onto upwork to work just for you, they don't need to be "accepted" to be able to work on your projects, just everyone elses. This is as far as I've understood from everything anyway

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up with the clarification, Tom. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jenks_tom
Community Member

Okay amazing, thank you for your help!

de6a2bd9
Community Member

How can I upgrade the number of invitations?

invitation.jpg

Hi Giselle,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your job post and invitations. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths