🐈
» Forums » Clients » Undercover FREE WORK urgent attention by IT t...
Page options
mipaparazzi
Community Member

Undercover FREE WORK urgent attention by IT team.

For some time I've noticed that some person which I won't call clients have been trying to seek for free work and they do this by using an acct with unverfied payment method and they make about 3 -5 job post with either good rate which will attract alot of freelancers, they set up interviews with alot of freelancers and don't hire even after 5 days, I'm making this not as an assumption because I encountered on recently and when I checked her history, I noticed a pattern. when I asked her to verify her payment method she went mute. The IT team should check out for the pattern ( I'm not saying that there should not be room for test on jobs mostl especially in Design and creative niche) but for someone to make more than 4 post and interview more than 6 freelancers and still not hire! come on! we don't have 100% dullards on this platform, that is a dubious act happening under the nose of the IT DEPT. please any client with an unverifed payment method, with over 3/4 job post and high interview rate should be checked, chances are they may be asking for test which in actual sense they don't wish to pay.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Fortune,

Thanks for reporting this to us. If you see a job or a profile that seems suspicious, you can report it to us using the flagging option. Our team will be notified and can immediately review it and take action appropriately. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths