🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Unexpected error editing an ad
Page options
981dd774
Community Member

Unexpected error editing an ad

This is my first day on Upwork. I entered an ad on a mobile phone and it went through perfectly, however, later I realised some text was missing. When I went to edit my ad on my pc I keep getting "unexpected error". I've logged in and out. I've tried many variations but I can't get the edit to save. Now I'm getting people responding to the ad without being able to see some important information. Any fix for this?

5 REPLIES 5
mtngigi
Community Member

Ray,

Jobs posted from a mobile device have this added text automatically added: "This job was posted from a mobile device, so please pardon any typos or any missing details". For some reason posting from a mobile device truncates the text.

As freelancers, we can choose to bid and ask for more information about the job in our bids. I believe you can't revise your RFP. What you can do is cancel it and post a new job from a computer where all the information you want to include will be readliy seen.

I'm flagging your post so hopefully a forum mod will come along to help you further.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, Ray. 

Did you try to clear your cache and cookies, or use a different browser to see if this was just an isolated browser issue? 

I also wanted to understand how you came across the issue - does it happen when you've done editing the job post, and you click on the "Save Job" button?

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

@Avery O wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, Ray. 

Did you try to clear your cache and cookies, or use a different browser to see if this was just an isolated browser issue? 

I also wanted to understand how you came across the issue - does it happen when you've done editing the job post, and you click on the "Save Job" button?

Avery,

My understanding was that jobs posted from a mobile device were problematic and would be missing text. Has this issue been fixed?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Virginia, 

I haven't come across this issue yet. Job posts posted from mobile are not truncated, but instead have the note "Job was posted from a mobile device" added automatically to notify the freelancer that the client may have been unable to include all the details of the job on the post. 

I also checked Ray's job post and it includes all the details that he noted on the post, when I view it via a mobile device, and via a website. 

Do you have a thread which I can look into, Virginia? I wanted to check this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Virginia, 

I haven't come across this issue yet. Job posts posted from mobile are not truncated, but instead have the note "Job was posted from a mobile device" added automatically to notify the freelancer that the client may have been unable to include all the details of the job on the post. 

I also checked Ray's job post and it includes all the details that he noted on the post, when I view it via a mobile device, and via a website. 

Do you have a thread which I can look into, Virginia? I wanted to check this further. 

No, I guess I misunderstood  - I thought that text in an RFP was dropped off if posted from a mobile device. Lesson learned.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths