🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Unfair charge from freelancer
Page options
cf5530bd
Community Member

Unfair charge from freelancer

Hi,

I hired a freelancer called **Edited for Community Guidelines**to do organic lead generation . After a couple days, she stopped replying to me and i wasn't able to communicate with her even by whatsapp. I decided to cancel the contract since she never delivered anything, and the next thing I know is I get a charge of 36$ for her services.

Luckily my card does not accept charges unless I approve them manually, so...now it seems like i owe this amount.

Anyone know what can i do to cancel this charge?

thanks,

Ivan

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Ivan V wrote:

Luckily my card does not accept charges unless I approve them manually, so...now it seems like i owe this amount.

Anyone know what can i do to cancel this charge?

If it was an hourly contract you are charged for the hours the freelancer logged while working on your project.

You should be able to see the freelancer's work diary in that case and yes, you do owe that money unless you can successfully dispute it. Disputes on an hourly contract only succeed if the hours were logged as manual time, didn't have meaningful work memos or inadequate activity levels.

Edited to avoid confusion 🙂

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ivan,

Just to clarify, you`ve been charged for a weekly salary. Weekly salary can be added on an hourly contract, this means that the freelancer will get paid even if they haven't worked/tracked time.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with more details and will assist you further with your charge. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths