🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: United States freelancers are not visible
Page options
aa9284e9
Community Member

United States freelancers are not visible

Hi, Community.

I just noticed that many of United States freelancers are not visible in "U.S only" mode.

I was trying to invite United States freelancers to my job and I have noticed that more than half of United States freelancers are not visible in "U.S only" mode.

Why?

14 REPLIES 14
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tomas,

Our team will need more details about this so that we can investigate it and assist you further. One of our customer support agents will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with this. Thank you for reporting.

~ Goran
Upwork

Tomas, please do come back and let us know if the issue as been corrected.  

Thanks from all the US providers.  😄

petra_r
Community Member

@Tomas J wrote:

Hi, Community.

I just noticed that many of United States freelancers are not visible in "U.S only" mode.

I was trying to invite United States freelancers to my job and I have noticed that more than half of United States freelancers are not visible in "U.S only" mode.

Why?

My guess (and it is just that) is that those are the ones who have opted NOT to verify their US location because they haven't been active since the verification thing came in, or have chosen not to do so for some reason or the other.

The ones you see in "US only" mode should be the ones who have verified that they are, in fact, in the USA.

That makes sense, Petra.  Can we get a mod's confirmation that this is what Tomas is facing vs. a system gltich please.

Wendy and others,

I can confirm that it's working as designed. Selecting U.S. as a location filter will show all the freelancers who selected U.S. as their accounts location. Toggling U.S. only setting, will only show freelancers who have verified their location.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Question: why non-US clients cannot have the U.S. only option?

I may need a US-based CPA or a US-based attorney (or any other US-based freelancer for any reason). Why can't I benefit from the verified location feature?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

That's a valid suggestion, Rene, and we have shared it before with the team. We'll definitely update the Community if there are any updates in this regard.

~ Valeria
Upwork
aa9284e9
Community Member

Thanks for your kind reply. Honestly, sometimes, location verified accounts are not visible on US only mode.

3616a2bc
Community Member

No.I have verified my location long ago.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

Are you also unable to search for U.S. freelancers? As Valeria has confirmed on this thread, it is working as designed. Please give us more information so that we can look into it further.

~ Avery
Upwork
3616a2bc
Community Member

I cannot find some freelancers on Upwork search box.

Hi John,

Thanks for following-up. Could you please share the profile links of users' you can't find in search in this scenario with me in a private message, so I could take a look and investigate further?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

How can I share the profile links?

It's invisible right now.

Could you please pm me the freelancers' names or other identifying information in that case John? As I understood your post you're searching for specific freelancers, who have verified US as their location, but can't find them in search results, is that correct?

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths