cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States veterans group?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
11 of 17

Michele, Upwork is a GLOBAL platform.  Your comment is more than a little out-of-place.

I'm hoping that it was inadverent and unintened to come across as it did -

Ace Contributor
David E Member Since: Feb 19, 2011
12 of 17
Nope it was exactly how it sounded. I was looking for a local region and within that region I was targeting a specific group of people. Sorry if you don't agree.

Upwork is global but don't force that down my throat. Upwork new features now allows me to choose local or not. I just report all the fake accounts as I find them.
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
13 of 17

@David E wrote:
Nope it was exactly how it sounded. I was looking for a local region and within that region I was targeting a specific group of people. Sorry if you don't agree.

Upwork is global but don't force that down my throat. Upwork new features now allows me to choose local or not. I just report all the fake accounts as I find them.

David, Wendy's response was clearly directed at Michele, as indicated at the start of her post.

Ace Contributor
14 of 17
I would love to hire only vets since I am one. But that's not possible. Yet. For now you have to market yourself as one. And others willl fake it and the client has to weed them out.

Sorry.

At least I can not limit my region of people i want to hire. Thanks upwork!
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 17

David,

You can search the group and specifically invite freelancers who are U.S. veterans. Also, you can specify in your job post that you prefer freelancers who are members of the group:Screenshot_5.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
16 of 17
At least I can. Auto correct on mobile devices you got to love it.
Ace Contributor
17 of 17
Excellent.

This was the entire intention of this post in the first place.

I am glad it's possible now.

I will try it next job.

Thanks.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS