🐈
» Forums » Clients » Unknown invoice
Page options
fc89b2c0
Community Member

Unknown invoice

Hey,

I'm having an hourly contract: $12/h x 5 hours = $60 /week limit (as screenshot 1)

But I see a strange invoice label "salary" (screenshot 2). 

What is it and how to remove it?

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Louis,

I checked and it looks like you have set up a Weekly Recurring Payment. Additional recurring weekly payment can only be set as part of your contract offer. To make changes you must end the current contract, rehire your freelancer, and set different terms in the Advanced Options. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fc89b2c0
Community Member

Hey Joanne,

I was sure that I left the "weekly payment" blank, and you can see that there is no option for it my "terms and setting". 

Hi Louis,

I checked your account and it looks like you have two contracts with this freelancer. Upon checking, the first contract you had with this freelancer has a Weekly Payment, while the new active contract doesn't. Please check the invoice date where it was indicated that the salary you are seeing is for the previous contract and not for the active one. You can confirm this by checking the Transaction History page. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fc89b2c0
Community Member

I checked the transaction history, the date of the wrong invoice is the same as the hourly one. 

Btw how can an ended contract generate an additional invoice? Sth must be wrong here.

Check my screenshot, 

petra_r
Community Member

Louis V wrote:

I checked the transaction history, the date of the wrong invoice is the same as the hourly one. 

Btw how can an ended contract generate an additional invoice? Sth must be wrong here.

The system generated the invoice because the contract was open for part of the week, so you were  billed the proportion of the salary for every day that contract was open on Monday after the work week was over. The invoices are always dated the day you are billed. Those contracts were both during the same work week, so the charges were billed on the same day (Monday after)

There is nothing wrong.

The first two lines are the invoices for the hours that were logged on the 2 contracts during the week 14th to 20th of June

The third line shows the salary

All were charged on Monday, 21st of June, because all were incurred between 14th and 20th of June.

If you want to have those $24 back you'd have to ask the freelancer for a refund, but that's between you and the freelancer. 

petra_r
Community Member

deleted, Joanne got there first

Latest Articles
Learning Paths