🐈
» Forums » Clients » Unresponsive Client - 5 days no contact
Page options
f2277169
Community Member

Unresponsive Client - 5 days no contact

Hi guys! I've gotten my first upwork client recently and it's been great! BUT, theyve recently "ghosted" me. Orignally they gave me 1 month to work on this project, but I said I can finish in a week, which made him happy. 9 hours into the project, he claims how upset he was with the progress and felt we were behind - which we weren't. To make him happy, I offered to work off the clock for a few hours since he truly felt we were behind. Its' now been 5 days since I've heard from him. I've followed up and still nothing. I want to end the contact at this point and send him the files I've done for him, but Im afraid of risking a bad review. How should I handle this?

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ghosting is when somebody who has a personal relationship with you, particularly a girlfriend or boyfriend, suddenly stops communicating with your responding to you.

There is no ghosting on Upwork.

So, by definition, a client did not ghost you.

You want to close the contract.

Do so.

You should send the client the files that you have finished, and close the contract yourself.

If the client doesn't even like your work, why continue working for him?

At least if you close the contract yourself, there is a good chance that this client will never leave you any feedback.

Hi Preston,

Thank you for your input. 

Erica:

I wish you well.

Let us know how it turns out.

Hi Preston,

I changed my response - Thanks! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths