🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Unresponsive Freelancer
Page options
24a17bef
Community Member

Unresponsive Freelancer

Hello,
My Freelancer is unresposive for months now.
We created a website and 2 Apps (Apple and Android) for the said Site
The Job was paid allthough it was not programmed as agreed but done from a template.
After the job was complete and paid we realized there were many bugs to fix.
Freelancer said he would fix it but shortly after dissapeared.
The website we can control but the 2 apps had stayed under his compnay name while they were being fixed.
We are not trying to get any money back. We would like the apps ownership transfered to us but we cannot reach the Freelancer.
Please advise.
Thank you

Rio

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rio:

Upwork does not have your source code.

It IS POSSIBLE that somebody from Upwork can reach out to the freelancer and ask the freelancer to contact you.

Upwork can TRY to do this. There is no guarantee that they will be successful.

If you ever need Upwork to help you in that way, then you know that you have made a mistake as a project manager.

For your future work, plan to receive source code and work files on a regular basis and secure them in a place that you have control over. A place which no hired freelancers are able to access.

Ideally: Work with an independent project manager who will keep your project on track, evaluate all of the work submitted, help decide which freelancers to continue working with and which ones to fire, etc.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rio:

Upwork does not have your source code.

It IS POSSIBLE that somebody from Upwork can reach out to the freelancer and ask the freelancer to contact you.

Upwork can TRY to do this. There is no guarantee that they will be successful.

If you ever need Upwork to help you in that way, then you know that you have made a mistake as a project manager.

For your future work, plan to receive source code and work files on a regular basis and secure them in a place that you have control over. A place which no hired freelancers are able to access.

Ideally: Work with an independent project manager who will keep your project on track, evaluate all of the work submitted, help decide which freelancers to continue working with and which ones to fire, etc.

Hi Preston,
i agree and i take resonsibility but yes if Upwork can TRY and reach the freelancer we would greatly appreciate it.
We just want the apps transfered to us or the info so we can transfer them ourselves.
Thank you for your help

Rio

Rio:

I think you will hear from an Upwork customer support rep or Upwork Forum moderator within an hour or two.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rio,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this Freelancer. Our team will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with getting in touch with the Freelancer.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
24a17bef
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
Understood. Thank you

Rio

Latest Articles
Learning Paths