🐈
» Forums » Clients » Unresponsive Freelancer
Page options
70d8ad48
Community Member

Unresponsive Freelancer

I am client paid him 5$ fix amount for logo now he is not responding , I want to hire another freelancer with my same amount
7 REPLIES 7
a_lipsey
Community Member

Abhijeet D wrote:
I am client paid him 5$ fix amount for logo now he is not responding , I want to hire another freelancer with my same amount

You get what you pay for. Hire a cheap freelancer then  you'll get cheap work. Try paying a better fee, and you'll likely find higher quality freelancers. 

If you need to cancel the contract, you can cancel the contract with the freelancer, They will have to approve the refund of the $5, but it's such a small amount, better to just pay the $5 and cut your losses and learn from this mistake. 

I find international talent -- three for three of which were billing at $5 an hour -- and hire then with the counsel the raise their rates with respect to their skill sets. As noted, there can be a bias toward low-fee freelancers as it implies a lack of quality.

Then, instead of paying $5 an hour, I pay $15, or $20, or $25 -- the market rate for well established international contractors.   The impact is profound.

- For the freelancer, a work entry demonstrating a client considered him worth more, is shown and seen.

- I develop loyalty within that freelancer that is steel-weld class.  The service I get it phenomenal.

- The become long-term resources who trust me implicitly, and I, them.

- And I feel better because I have helped a young newcomer see beyond his perceived limitations and begin to understand his professional value in life.

N-for-N times, this freelancer then is able to win work at his professionally appropriate billing rate and extricate himself from abject misery.

This implies having the capability to read through the lines of profiles and portfolios and find the 'gems in the sand'.  That, is a skillset that is not indigenous and like all of such manner, is a skillset to be learned.

I also tend to look for international freelancers who have JSS scores below 90%.  67% to 85% is current the range.

Then I provide in-project mentorship to help them improve their delivery techniques, most surely as they applied to my project.

The impacts are profound.  Starting with a work-delivery impact that is highly impactful to my project. This motivates the freelancer to do work that is beyond superlative.

These are techniques indigenous to U.S. IT consulting environments where newbe and Jr. consulting firm employees make $50k, $60k, and bill out at $80 an hour, $90 an hour, $100 an hour for our firms.   We are trained to gain the confidence and trust of our Jrs.  Position them for career success.  Mentor then during their learning cycles.  And produce, in the end, talent we hope is manager-class.  Or director-class.  Or associate partner, or full partner class in the 5 to 9 year pyramid climb.

Sadly, I feel, the freelancer world is mostly devoid of these tactics.  The results, by virtue of this thread, can be both catastrophically impactful on the hiring client and probably totally un-necessary.

We treat our Jrs and resources as professionals we are entrusted to help build.  And in U.S. IT consulting environments, Srs are graded and gain bonus income based on their capability to do such things as described. That, is how important professional consulting environments consider these tactics, skillsets and approaches in Snrs or in our world, "hiring clients".

Banquet for thought, thus provided.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I am client paid him 5$ fix amount for logo now he is not responding"

If a freelancer does not respond, then you may close the fixed-price contract and edit the amount of money you release to zero. This will cause a refund request to be sent to the freelancer. If the freelancer does not respond, then the money will automatically be released back to you after seven days.

re: "I want to hire another freelancer with my same amount"

You may hire as many freelancers as you want to. You don't need to wait to receive a refund before you hire other freelancers.

I already paid 5$ and it's in funding request , there is 1 option withdraw
offer, should I go for that or how to contact upwork support team.

re: "I already paid 5$ and it's in funding request, there is 1 option to withdraw the offer, should I go for that?"

Yes. Go for that option.

re: "how to contact upwork support team."

You have no reason to contact the Upwork support team.

versailles
Community Member

Abhijeet D wrote:

They will send you a stolen stock logo. You can't buy a logo for $5. It costs way, way, way more to make a logo.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Learning Paths