🐈
» Forums » Clients » Unresponsive client
Page options
savanin11
Community Member

Unresponsive client

The client is unresponsive. He asked me to record a script and send it to him on the google drive link which he shared. I shared the audio file & since then I haven't heard from him. The voice-over was for a youtube video, I checked on youtube, he used my voice-over and I mentioned this to him, he didn't respond yet about anything. What am I supposed to do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Savani, did you have a contract before you sent the voice-over? If you don't know what that means, then you probably don't have a contract, and if you submit work without a contract, Upwork can't force the client to pay. Or even if there's a contract, if it's fixed price and the milestone wasn't funded, then you won't get paid. But if this was an hourly contract, and you used time tracker correctly, then you'll be paid eventually.

If you're sure the client has no intention of paying, perhaps you can contact Youtube and have the video you did the voice-over for removed, but I don't develop Youtube content so don't know if that's even possible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yitwail
Community Member

Savani, did you have a contract before you sent the voice-over? If you don't know what that means, then you probably don't have a contract, and if you submit work without a contract, Upwork can't force the client to pay. Or even if there's a contract, if it's fixed price and the milestone wasn't funded, then you won't get paid. But if this was an hourly contract, and you used time tracker correctly, then you'll be paid eventually.

If you're sure the client has no intention of paying, perhaps you can contact Youtube and have the video you did the voice-over for removed, but I don't develop Youtube content so don't know if that's even possible.

Community Manager

Hi Savani,

I checked and it looks like you don't have a contract. In order to get paid, your client needs to send you an offer.

It's important to note that you should never start working without an active contract, which would show on your My Jobs page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths