cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UpWork failure to reply to 4 support requests in 10 days!

Tommaso S Member Since: Apr 11, 2016
1 of 13

Hi,

I would like help from the Community as UpWork is not offering any and not replying to my emails: I wrote 4 times in the past 10 days and didn't get any reply.

I am a client and I posted a Job for a Website upgrade but freelancer's cannot offer their final bid confirmation without UpWork delivering to them key elements that are necessary for evaluating the job complexity/cost.

Before that, representatives from 3 different departments including "Account Security" and "Market Place Experience Team" addressed my problem and decided in my favour but UpWork has then failed to delivered on its own promises.

Now they have gone completely silent and this silence is causing delays and damages.

I am pretty sure thatUpWork created an air tight system where they are not liable for anything... but is there anything that a client can do to reduce delays and damages? The problem has been lingering for over a month...

Should I start posting on blogs and forums denouncing UpWork's failure to comply to its own decisions and rullings?

Tommaso

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 13

Hi Tommaso, 

I am sorry that you are having an unfortunate experience in Upwork. In the future, you may visit support.upwork.com if you need to contact them in the future. 

Regarding your job post, I think your prospect freelancers are requesting for your website's code so that they can evaluate the job and your needs properly. 

Let us know if you are having further issues and we'd be happy to help!
Avery

-Avery
Untitled
3 of 13

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your time in replying, I appreciate it. That link is not working and your staff in chat confirmed your website malfunction. Please fix it. It is also impossible to access email or phone numbers. Please get rid of this interactive interface that is causing problems.

Now, to my main issue: "prospect freelancers are requesting for your website's code so that they can evaluate the job and your needs properly".

Yes, this is correct. And I have been waiting for UpWork to deliver it from Elance. I have emailed 4 times and not received any reply even though the decision was CONFIRMED in my favour.

Is there any way to get UpWork to answer my emails?

Tommaso

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 13

Hi Tommaso,

I see you have a second account which has been closed and where the tickets you are referring to belong. Rest assured that your concern has been escalated and the team will follow up as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 13

Tommaso,

Our team is checking on your issue. This sounds like a very unfortunate situation and hopefully some sort of issue can be resolved on it. However, we do have Community Guidelines in place when posting on our forums and your last posts have violated a few of them. You can find a copy of our Community Guidelines here. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM

-Lena 

Untitled
6 of 13

Lena,

If you think that I violated guidelines, then look at your own violations of UpWork business code and attire!

Matthew 7:3 ""Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye"

Does UpWork consider professional a representative who replies without even investing the time required to learn about and understand a case?

Does UpWork consider competent a representative who gets the name of a counterpart wrong?
Does UpWork consider intelligent a representative who angers and irritates clients by making avoidable and basic errors with clients who have complainedexactly about such errors?

If UpWork condones your performance, or any part of it, I will be forced to leave UpWork as I need a professional platform where representatives take the required time - even a whole day, if necessary - to read, study and learn about a case before addressing it.

We exchanged 49 emails: how many of them did you read before answering? There are 229 messages in the workroom: how many of those did you read before replying?

I strongly reccommend that someone in this UpWork Community convince Lena to refrain from further interactions with me.

Tommaso

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
7 of 13

Tommaso,

There are several employees at Upwork with the name Lena. I do not work in CS, and this is the first time I have communicated with you. 

-Lena

Untitled
8 of 13

Dear Lena,

I apologize for venting my frustration against the Lena but this sad coincidence would not have occurred if you had not deleted my posts.

I am fullly aware of the legal consequences of my affirmations and I am not in the least concerned as they are correct so, please, reinstate my posts. They contain important information that is necessary to address my problem with the freelancer and with UpWork.

You may delete the names if you wish but not the entire post.

Tommaso

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 13

Hi Tommaso,

We have recorded all the information you shared in your posts and forwarded it to the team that is assisting you with your issue. They will carefully review the posts and take them into consideration during their investigation.

We will not be able to reinstate your posts as they violated the Community Guidelines.

Additionally, a team member will be calling you to sort out the issue.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
10 of 13

I have never before seen 4 Community Moderators and Managers involved in answering "questions" in such a short thread. That's a very high level of commitment. 

Tommaso, I read the messages that have since been deleted - rightfully so, as parts of them were incredibly offensive. I actually reported one of them.

I understand your frustration to a certain extent and I hope your problem gets resolved soon. It sounds messy and like Upwork have to up their game and deliver with regard to their prior decisions.

But, you should try to rein in the anger and stop openly insulting people left, right, and center.

It's rather alienating. And other clients or freelancers reading your posts cannot assist you in any way.

I assume you are not aware of the special treatment you're receiving already.

Even though, so far, it hasn't resulted in solving the issue.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS