🐈
» Forums » Clients » UpWork is Dead?
Page options
chelsedaniel
Community Member

UpWork is Dead?

There is no possible way to contact Upwork. Clicked the "need help" button, none of the FAQ answers my question, and no matter which category I choose the only contact option it gives me at the end is to ask the community. I'm assuming UpWork is dead.

I've been here since "Elance" then it turned to "oDesk" then it turned to "UpWork"..... Seems like a scammy site if you can't even contact them. I have been trying to access my account for over 2 years and I had contacted them before with no response...

UpWork is a fraud.  oDesk was a fraud, Elance was a fraud. I'm sure they'll make a new website or change the name again to scam some more people out of their money and deleting their account after 60 days of not using it... I seriously took a 2-month break because I had a baby and I haven't been able to get back into it since, and I had money and lots of clients I lost touch with because of that. It's irrelevant now but I'd like to see what happened to my money.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@Chelse D wrote:

1) I've been here since "Elance" then it turned to "oDesk" then it turned to "UpWork"....

2) I'm sure they'll make a new website or change the name again to scam some more people out of their money and deleting their account after 60 days of not using it... I seriously took a 2-month break because I had a baby and I haven't been able to get back into it since, and I had money and lots of clients I lost touch with because of that.

3) It's irrelevant now but I'd like to see what happened to my money.

I can assurre you that Upwork is by no means dead. 

1) No. Elance was taken over by oDesk and then it was rebranded as Upwork.

2) Accounts are not deleted because someone does not use them. If you had an Upwork account and could not access it, all you really had to do was use the "forgot password" function to reset your password.

3) Any funds on your Upwork account will have been automatically sent to your primary withdrawal method after 6 months.

Change Password

To reset a forgotten password or security question:

1. Make sure you have access to the email address on file with Upwork.
  2. Click the Forgot Password reset link on the login form or the Forgot Security Question reset link on the security form.
  3. Enter your email address. We will then send an email which will allow you to reset your password or security question. Be sure to check your spam, junk, and/or trash folders if you can't find the reset email. This email is time sensitive—the reset link will only work for one hour.
  4. Follow the email's link to set a new password or security question.

I do have access to the email. I did not forget my password. I left for 2 months, came back and it was reset to the beginning. I can even prove that I had a very full account, and I can prove that none of my money was given to me. I still have screenshots saved on my old computer, and the same accounts where I was withdrawing. 

My account is gone. 

I've been trying for over 2 years to contact customer service with no answers.

Hi Chelse,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Try clearing your cache and cookies before trying to connect with our customer support and you will see more options available to you, if this does not solves the issue let me know. 
Also one of our team members will contact you directly via ticket and assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork
marlene64
Community Member

I'm sure they'll make a new website or change the name again to scam some more people out of their money and deleting their account after 60 days of not using it... I seriously took a 2-month break because I had a baby and I haven't been able to get back into it since, and I had money and lots of clients I lost touch with because of that. It's irrelevant now but I'd like to see what happened to my money. **edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marlene, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience. I would like to look into this further, however, I was unable to locate another account under your name. I'll go ahead and send you a private message so that you can share with me the Upwork account details of the old account.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths