🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork - Additional Fees & Currency Conversio...
Page options
b25a9282
Community Member

Upwork - Additional Fees & Currency Conversion?

Hi UpWork,

As I am residing in Australia, I had assumed that the Upwork Portal had already adjusted to AUD automatically so I had just accepted a Freelancer to a Job for us which is a $50.00 Job.

I've just made the First Payment of $25.75 (incl. Upwork's 3% Fee) & it had converted to 'USD' as I had been advised that Upwork operates with USD which is understandable however my Invoice is showing $38.82AUD being paid, which does not equate accordingly?
Today, $25.75USD converts to $37.57AUD, so the Online Conversion Calculator reflects, please advise - I am not too fussed over the small amount of difference however please have our Tax Invoice reflect the proper breakdown to avoid any confusion such as this.

Thank you & look forward,

Edward

5 REPLIES 5
hoyle_editing
Community Member

The exchange rate that Upwork give and the actual live exchange rate are not neccesarily the same. 

Thank you all for your replies, if that’s the case, I would like to pay the Balance of $11.18AUD, what amount would I need to input into the Payment?
petra_r
Community Member

Edward Y wrote:
Thank you all for your replies, if that’s the case, I would like to pay the Balance of $11.18AUD, what amount would I need to input into the Payment?

Go to the contract, where it will tell you in US Dollars what was agreed, how much was paid, and what is still outstanding.

Then pay that.

petra_r
Community Member

Edward Y wrote:

I've just made the First Payment of $25.75 (incl. Upwork's 3% Fee) & it had converted to 'USD' as I had been advised that Upwork operates with USD which is understandable however my Invoice is showing $38.82AUD being paid, which does not equate accordingly?
Today, $25.75USD converts to $37.57AUD, so the Online Conversion Calculator reflects,

Online converters give you the mid market rates, which is what banks trade currency at. It is not the retail rate banks buy and sell currencies from and to consumers at.

tta192
Community Member

There is a setting that allows you to opt-out of the automatic conversion to local currency. So everything on your account would stay in USD; your bank would do the conversion for each payment.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths