🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Upwork Charged me Twice for Verifying my ...
Page options
d22c416e
Community Member

Upwork Charged me Twice for Verifying my Credit Card

Hello,

I was just going to Hire my First Freelancer here on Upwork, they were allowed to make deductions of $10 to my Credit Card to verify. But they charge me twice for single verification. In total about $20.

Is anyone there from Upwork to help out?

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Qaisar, 

I checked your account and can see that the refundable deposit amounting to $10 has already been credited to your billing method. Please hover your mouse on your Reports tab, and click on the Transactions link to see the credit of $10 with Ref ID 259026886. 

I was unable to see another $10 charge on your Transactions. If you have a reference ID I can use to check your transactions, please share it here so that I can look into this for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d22c416e
Community Member

Thanks Avery, when I was adding my CC, it said "Not Authorized" then I contacted my bank and they said it's OK now, and while I was on the call, the first message received to my inbox informing about $10 deductions divided in two parts. I was again forwarded to the page to give CC details, again I entered my details and again I received the message for $10 deductions, and after that I was forwarded to the verification page. For now I can see my transaction History page like this

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Qaisar,

I checked your account and can confirm that you were charged only once for the verification process. The funds from the charge have been already reversed back to your bank account as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran, for your confirmation.

I can't see any verification step for my credit card.

It shows charge fail when try to make a deposit.

Hi Jesther,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
75fea88e
Community Member

Hi There,

After posting a job i was adding my card in the billing methods just as i added my card it said that the card couldn't be added at the moment try again later, but I was charged for the same. I tried again after a minute but again same error and was charged again. Please help

Hi Harmohan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with setting up your Billing method. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
15ba8402
Community Member

Why are confidential billing issues with clients made public?? How sad is this?!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths