🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork Freelancers Unresponsive and Rude
Page options
ecac8d39
Community Member

Upwork Freelancers Unresponsive and Rude

Upwork makes it clear it works for clients who have small jobs also. Apparently, that's not really true, at least not for me. Then for who, I wonder?

I signed up here to advertise a job to analyze and fix a book PPC campaign on Amazon. I did so, got replies, but out of the first four I contacted based on their particular skill set, one indicated the job was too small, and the other three have just left me hanging. Not for a few hours, but days in some cases.

What the heck? These are professionals you contract with to bring you business?

The record of this is all in my message box. 

Best,

Michael

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

MB N wrote:

I signed up here to advertise a job to analyze and fix a book PPC campaign on Amazon.l

What kind of budget did you indicate?

MB N wrote:

Upwork makes it clear it works for clients who have small jobs also.

Sure, small projects are fine if the amount of work and time required is also "small"

ecac8d39
Community Member

We didn't get around to budget. I said around 2 to 4 hours.

I don't understand how an answer to your question excuses them from simple professional courtesy. Even IF I proposed a budget and they didn't like it. we could have discussed it. 

They just dropped out of existence. I have the records to prove it.

How can you help me?

M

You know what, never mind, I just read the Sitejabber reviews. 

Thanks but no thanks!

MB N,

You don't appear to have much patience, posting a question and then "never mind" an hour later.

At any rate, the more information you provide about your project the more likely you are to be able to find the right freelancer.

MB N wrote:

You know what, never mind, I just read the Sitejabber reviews. 

Thanks but no thanks!

No, you can't leave...if you leave all the plants are going to die!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi MB,

I'm sorry you haven't been satisfied with your experience interviewing freelancers so far. Upwork offers ways for you to connect with independent professionals, interview  them and hire those who are best fit for the project. However, it's up to the client and the freelancer to discuss and agree to the terms at the interview stage.

When you view freelancers' profiles, you'll be able to see if they are online or offline as well as their average response time and availability. Those tools are there to help you make a decision about who you'd like to invite and interview. 

I'd also like to note that if you'd like to report an inappropriate message, you can do so by hovering your mouse next to the timestamp for that message. Click on the cogwheel that appears and you'll see an option to report the message.

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths