🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Upwork -Give a space to dispute freelance...
Page options
e4c5791f
Community Member

Upwork -Give a space to dispute freelancer Fraud

I started a project with a certian company in India, due to the time differences it was very difficult to communicate and find the time when the specific team members were present. The milestone times were extended as mutually agreed as communication was difficult between the parties for time differences. The freelancer **Edited for community guidelines** was not contactable as it was night for her in India and someone else always answered.

So much confusion and lack of understanding of the project after the first discussion milestone, which they charged 300 dollars for

The second milestone was like fair amount of work, the only problem was unless I activated the second milestone and payment was made they wouldnt do the work. So I approved the second mileston, so all in all we paid 950 dollars, and at the end of it, they were only able to show us some screenshots, and they haven't understood the concept at all. Then our team met with some funders and wanted few changes made. They said they couldn't do it, cos it is out of scope. Then we requested them to refund most of the funds and keep about $250 for their time and screenshots developed they refused to refund saying the milestone was delivered.

The worst is when upwork has a rule within 5 days of payment you have to refute it, It is not fair, it should be payment must be able to refute if the milestone was not successfully completed.

This is day light robbery, upwork should monitor this kind of freelancers and act as an intermediary to hard earn money being robbed this way by freelancer.The freelancers name is **Edited for community guidelines** , half the time she was not contactable and someone else spoke on her behalf from india. I am going to dispute this payment with my credit card company

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Niro, sorry to hear you had issues with your contract. Fixed-Price contracts allow clients to review the submitted milestone before they release payment from Escrow. Once the milestone is released, it's considered approved. Upwork team is also able to provide mediation assistance 30 days after the payment has been released to the freelancer. Unfortunately, mediation isn't available if it's been longer than 30 days since the payment. Please, check this help article as well as Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions for more information and feel free to reply to the message our agent sent you here if you have further questions about this particular contract. Unfortunately, for privacy reasons, we won't be able to discuss details of specific contracts here in the Community.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Upwork team is also able to provide mediation assistance 30 days after the payment has been released to the freelancer. Unfortunately, mediation isn't available if it's been longer than 30 days since the payment.

It is 30 days since the last milestone was funded (unless there is money in Escrow) - not 30 days since payment was released.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths