cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Should Create a Search Option for Private Messages? Post here if you agree!

Highlighted
Humraz P Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
1 of 4

Hello,
Hopefully there are others in the same boat as myself, and can help bring this suggestion to Upwork Developer's eyes.

There is currently no way to search private messages for: specific keywords or files.

I use Upwork as my primary method of hiring freelancers, this means lots of Private Messages and files being sent back and forth. I've been on this website for atleast 2 years no, so I do have quite a few Private Messages, and by a few I'm talking well over a hundred.
Although Upwork is used to find/hire  Clients/Freelancers, Upwork should also allow past discussions and files to be easily accessable, instead of the current "click and browse" method

I mean if I'm looking for a conversation that I had with one of my programmers several months ago... having to manually browse takes incredible amounts of time. The same applies for when I'm looking for an old file. I'm surprised that this issue still exists and hasn't been brought to up yet. So I posted it here in hopes of getting some type of resolution.

Please Post/Bump if you agree! Also let me know if I should be posting this in a different section of the Forums. Thanks All

Raj

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Humraz,

You can use the search field on the left to search your messages for certain words or phrases:

Screenshot_10.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Romana K Member Since: Jul 6, 2020
3 of 4

I'd like to bump this request up. I've used the search and it goes back a month, maybe, depending on how many messages and freelancers I've been chatting to. I've done quite a bit of business on Upwork and one BIIIIIG drawback is not being able to find and review messages that go back more than a few weeks. Very limiting and makes me want to take conversations offline, which has pros and cons. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Romana,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. When you use the search function (shown in a screenshot I included in my previous post on this thread,) you should be able to search all messages, not just recent ones. That includes searching by name of a freelancer you've communicated with as well as by specific keywords.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS