🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork, This is not a Joke, We need the Funds...
Page options
fa721375
Community Member

Upwork, This is not a Joke, We need the Funds into Our Account

We have a project that was in progress and all of a sudden it says canceled, this placed us in a negative way with our freelancer whom we are planning to hire for our company. The bank account from which the payment was made was closed last year, however, Upwork claimed that the refund did go through and we had to contact the bank, I went to the bank and the manager confirmed the account was closed months before the claimed refund date and if Upwork conducted any refund to that closed account it shall be returned now back to Upwork to do an alternative method of refund which sounds legit. I reached back to Upwork and they are playing a dirty game saying the funds did go through although that account is closed with evidence! I'm not into wasting my time with such games and would need to know in my case shall I initiate a small claim to be paid the amount plus the punitive damages as Upwork is scamming our company or what to do.

We do have other contracts and the communication was perfect except with this one and we are talking about thousands of dollars.

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Saif,

I am sorry to hear about your concern and how you feel about the same. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths