cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Unresponsive

David F Member Since: Mar 27, 2017
1 of 6

So not only is the freelancer unresponsive, but a request for support sent to Upwork also receives no reply after 4 days...

I see that many clients like myself are dealing with the same issues: unresponsive freelancers, fraudulent freelancers, threatening freelancers, loss of work, loss of money and absolutely no recourse so I guess I can understand why Upwork might not be inclined to reply to my request for support seeing as it appears that Upwrok can be of no assistance in receiving refunds once fees have been paid, nor provide any kind fo solution really for work left incomplete or any other trouble dependent solely on the integrity of the freelancer.

Well, I guess this, too, is a good lesson...

rick k Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
2 of 6

David I just went through this and it seems quite a few are saying they are from Australia, as if.I got nothign for my money, she stopped responding to my requests for information.I made a complaint but Upwork really does not want to get to involved its easier for them to say their was no cause.A very bad system.This site seems full of bogus pictures and repetitive responses. Sorry for your trouble

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 6

I can't speak to your issue, but I want you to know that there are many good freelancers on this site. so I hope the bad "freelancer" you worked with doesn't color your opinion for the rest of us.

I've flagged your post so that hopefully a moderator will come along to help you.

Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
4 of 6

David -- Call them on the phone.

Clients are king around here. Say you are a client, an unhappy client. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Be polite but firm. You will likely get help far better this way than trying to do it online.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6

Hi David,

I see your request has already been escalated to Upwork dispute team over the weekend. The dispute team usually addresses cases escalated to them within 2 business days and they will reply to you shortly.

Please, note that Upwork Fixed-Price Protection is based on Escrow which allows the client to deposit the money in the beginning of the project and release the payment only once the milestone or the whole project is completed. Please, don't release the payment unless you reviewed and approved the work that the freelancer delivered.

~ Valeria
Untitled
David F Member Since: Mar 27, 2017
6 of 6

Thank you. Someon e got in touch. Moderation has begun.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS