🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork canceled my freelancer's contract due ...
Page options
fbf2d2d2
Community Member

Upwork canceled my freelancer's contract due to violation of Terms of Service, but won't say why

This morning, I received a generic email from Upwork stating they canceled the contract with a freelancer with whom I've done a lot of work because there is evidence that the freelancer violated the Terms of Service. However, Upwork won't provide additional information about which terms were violated. I'm very concerned about the security implications to my small business as the freelancer was working on important backend coding. What can I do get Upwork to respond with useful information?

Of course, I’m changing all the credentials.  

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What can I do get Upwork to respond with useful information?"

Your goal should not be to get Upwork to respond to your questions.

Your goal should be to learn how to use the Upwork user interface effectively so that you can achieve your goals.

I have hired over 160 freelancers on Upwork.

I have all the power I need at my fingertips. I never communicate with Upwork Customer Support.

Anyway, Upwork doesn't know anything about what that freelancer was doing on the backend of your software system. I can't think of any way that you can derive benefit by communicating with Upwork Support about this.

Preston H wrote:

re: "What can I do get Upwork to respond with useful information?"

Your goal should not be to get Upwork to respond to your questions.

Preston, this begs the question, what is the purpose of the Client section of the Community forum? Is it merely to "Gain insight and best practices from fellow clients on Upwork." as stated in the Community landing page? If so, should moderators ever reply to any Client posts, unless the moderator is also a client? Should clients with issues post instead in Support,  which is supposedly for "Solutions and workarounds for the most common account-related issues."? I'd like to think violations of Terms of Service are not common issues.

John: I don't disagree with you.

I simply enjoy NOT waiting for Support, and I assume that other clients would similarly enjoy not waiting.

I have vastly more power on Upwork than many clients purely by virtue of knowing how the tools work.

NikolaS

Hi Nanci,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. However, I'll share concerns you've expressed here with the team and they'll continue assisting you via existing support ticket

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths