🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork canceled my inactive contract without ...
Page options
0fb0d97d
Community Member

Upwork canceled my inactive contract without refunding me, and transaction history is gone in system

My contract with a freelancer was inactive for a long period of time. Upwork canceled the contract. But I did nto receive my refund at all. When I log-in to my upwork account, I found the contract and related transaction was totally gone. No trace of the contract at all at the upwork along with the money. 

Is Upwork malefunction now? When will I receive the refund? It is $1000. 

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jane,

The funds you`re referring to are still in Escrow, you can view this by opening the contract. A refund request was already sent to your freelancer as well. If the freelancer does not respond in 7 days the funds will be refunded to your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I received the notification on May 20 that this refund was approved by the freelancer. And I am supposed to receive $1000 back to my credit card. But till today 6/1, 12 days after the email, I still did not recieve any money back. Can you help? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jane,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths