🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Upwork charging more than agreed amount
Page options
d24e452d
Community Member

Upwork charging more than agreed amount

Hi,

I hired a freelancer for a contract and put $210 in Escrow for the contract. However, my bank is showing that I was charged $216.30.

Why was I charged an additional $6.30 by Upwork? I have checked with my bank and there are no additional fees for a USD transaction.

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristina,

This is the standard 3% processing fee which is applied on all payments a client's billing method is being charged for. You can find more information about the client payment processing fees in this help article

Hiring offers and new milestones ask you to pre-fund the agreed amount into escrow. You will see three rows in your Transaction history for one milestone funding. That's because each step of the payment is recorded:

• Funds are deposited into your account from a billing method
  • Funds move out of your account into escrow
  • Funds move out of your account to cover the payment processing fee

For more information, check out this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
85a1f209
Community Member

Hi 

I agreed to a contract of 3 hours for $120, but i was charged $197??  how do i reach someone to fix this?

Hi Healing,

It looks like you added a recurring weekly payment to the contract terms when making an offer to the contract. You can find more information about that feature here. Unfortunately, the only way to remove those terms from the contract is to close it and send a new offer with new terms. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you and assist with that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I canceled the contract before a new week started,

Hi there,

I checked, and I can confirm that one of our agents already reached out via a support ticket providing further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths