🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork client has been harassing me via Upwor...
Page options
chelsea-hodges
Community Member

Upwork client has been harassing me via Upwork, Instagram, Facebook, and Email... what do I do?

Hi all - I am fairly new to Upwork. I recently got my first gig on here, everything has been going well. Out of the blue, I receive an email based upon a proposal for a social media posting on Upwork. The client says they deleted the posting and wanted to contact me via email instead... I felt this was off and ignored the email. A few days later, I receive an Instagram DM from this person who went out of their way to search for me. I blocked them. A few more days later, I receive a Facebook message from this person. I blocked them. After that, I receive yet another email from the SAME person still trying to attempt to connect with me about this social media job. I don't know why they won't leave me alone and it's quite concerning that they are searching for me on all platforms. 

Now, I have received a job interview invite on here by the SAME person. She changed her last name slightly but I know it's the same person. The job posting just says "Are you available for social media" and shows that only 1 invite has been sent out. (AKA to me) 

I have now made my Upwork profile invisible, in hopes that non-clients can no longer view my profile. But at this point, this person has found me on all social media platforms and I feel quite alarmed that they are so persistent on reaching out. 

What do you do in these situations? Has this happened to anyone else? I don't want to wish this upon anyone else but I'm wondering if this is common or if this perhaps happens to everyone at some point... 

All thoughts and recommendations welcomed. Thank you . 

3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Hi Chelsea, that is atrocious client behavior. I have flagged this post for a moderator to respond. If you haven't already flag the client messages in the message room and/or the new job post. 

Thank you for that and for your feedback. Flagged the job posting! Great suggestion.

JoanneP

Hi Chelsea,

Could you please send me more information via PM so I can look into this for you? You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths